Free Traffic Methods
Free Web Traffic Methods
In our last lesson, we looked into the different paid traffic sources and how to go about it. In this article, we will look into the different free traffic sources and how to get them.
What Is Free Traffic?
Free traffic simply means all the visits you get to a web page without any paid adverts or means.
How Does Free Web Traffic Work?
To get free website traffic, you need to engage in various digital marketing tactics that are proven to attract visitors to your web page for free. Some of these are to share your links on social media profiles or pages and optimize them for people who have an interest in the topic to find.
Another great way to get free web traffic is through blogging. Blogging has been and still is a great way to attract free web traffic from search engines.
To attract free or organic traffic from search engines, you need to know what Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is and how to apply it to your blog.
And since this happens to be the most desired and best source of traffic without paying, I’ll go a little bit deeper with what SEO is.
Search Engine Optimization
SEO is the process of attracting targeted traffic to a website through search engines’ organic rankings. SEO involves creating high-quality content and optimizing it around specific keywords.
And this is how it works:
- You do keyword research.
- Write quality content optimized around the keyword and post on your site.
- Optimize the meta title, meta description, images, videos around the keyword you are targeting.
- Link to internal blog posts and external websites too.
- Get backlinks to your blog post.
- Make sure that your website is designed well and loads fast.
For a more detailed explanation, read our complete SEO guide.
Other ways to drive free traffic to your website:
Guest blogging, also known as guest posting, is the act of writing a post or article for another person’s blog to help build relationships, authority, exposure, and link-building.
Google ranks links as a major ranking factor and guest blogging in SEO offers strong opportunities to get a link back to your website.
Guest blogging creates a relationship between you and the blogger who hosts your post. You tap into their audience to increase exposure and establishes authority.
It is very simple. You write a blog article following the instructions of a blogger. In return, you will receive a backlink, which is usually at the bottom of your article. This is known as the Author Box.
Bloggers are keen to publish high-quality content on blogs that have an existing audience because they can potentially gain more exposure and attract new readers.
Guest blogging is a win-win situation for both website owners who want to rank higher on search engines (and require links to do so) and bloggers who want to attract more readers to their blogs.
2. Update “outdated” content:
If you have any old blog posts that you have written in the past that need to be updated with the current trends, you should also do well to update them. This is because search engines can detect the change and also rank it higher.
3. Repurpose your content on other channels
You can also repurpose your blog content and use it on other channels. For instance, you can republish it in microblogs like Tumblr, Medium, or even LinkedIn Articles. Or you can take snippets out of it and tweet it. You can also turn it into a video and post it on any video platform like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.
4. Blog Commenting.
Blog commenting is the act of leaving reasonable comments on other people’s blogs. When it is done with the intention to get free traffic, you need to make sure you are leaving detailed and insightful comments and not just generic ones like “great post”. If your comments are good, you could attract the blog owners and other blog readers to check out your website through your link on the comment. This will get you free traffic. You must know, however, that now all blog owners will allow links on their blog comments, but some will as long as your comment is reasonable and your website isn’t spammy.
5. Create YouTube Video Tutorials.
The video market is quite huge right now, and if you want traffic that doesnt involve you spending money, it could be the easiest way for you to get free traffic. YouTube is not just a video hosting platform, it is also a search engine. This means that by creating a channel and uploading videos, you could get targeted traffic to your channel and likewise website.
Advantages of Free Traffic.
Free traffic is great for the following reasons:
- Low Cost: You don’t have to spend a lot of money on marketing because it’s completely free.
- Simple: While it can be time-consuming, it is not overwhelming. You just need to have a solid strategy to build connections.
- Lasting Results: These results last forever, so if you have a strong brand and online presence, you can expect the free traffic you get to continue for many years, even after you reduce your efforts.
Disadvantages of Free Traffic Sources.
Some of the disadvantages of getting free traffic is:
- It can take months, or even years to get your website up and running.
- SEO reputation building takes time and effort.
- Some SEO tools can be expensive so your efforts might not be completely free.
- Google algorithm updates and Google updates could cause your entire SEO progress to be ruined.
We have now come to the end of this lesson. In our next lesson, we will look more extensively into how to get free traffic.
DOWNLOAD THE PRINT COPY TO TAKE THE WEB TRAFFIC DEMYSTIFIED WITH YOU